Atlanta, GA: Looking Good for BusinessAugust 17, 2009
Submitted by Leigh Massey, Relocation Director
The Metro Atlanta Chamber released its Economic Briefing newsletter this month, and Atlanta continues to shine as a premier corporate destination.
- The Atlanta Metropolitan Statistical Area is now the 8th largest metro area in the country with a 2008 estimated population of 5,376,285.
- Since 2000, net migration to the Atlanta MSA has been nearly 600,000 people – an average of nearly 75,000 per year.
- Metro Atlanta has 57 colleges & universities where more than 220,000 students are enrolled.
- The American Association of School Administrator’s top superintendent in the nation is Atlanta Public School’s Beverly L. Hall.
- 2008 was a record for Hartsfield-Jackson airport with more than 90 million passengers, marking its fourth year in a row as the nation’s most-traveled airport.
- More than 69 percent of adults born in Georgia still live here.
- Georgia’s union membership rate of 3.7% is the second lowest in the nation.
Source: The Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
Posted in Georgia, Living in Atlanta, Metro Atlanta Information | Tagged american association of school administrators, atlanta fine homes sotheby's international realty, atlanta metro statistical area, Atlanta public schools, beverly l. hall, hartsfield-jackson airport, leigh massey, metro atlanta chamber economic briefing newsletter, metro atlanta chamber of commerce |