2009 Top 10 Reasons to be Proud of Atlanta Public SchoolsMay 20, 2009
1. APS is on a consistent nine-year trend of progress.
2. In February 2009, APS Superintendent Dr. Beverly L. Hall was named the National Superintendent of the Year by the American Association of School Administrators – the highest professional honor for a K-12 education leader.
3. The APS Class of 2008 was offered more than $64 million in scholarships to colleges and universities across the country and abroad.
4. In August 2008, APS launched one of the largest mathematics and science professional development and curriculum programs in the nation.
5. The Nation’s Report Card shows that, since 2003, APS math, reading and writing scores improved faster than any other major U.S. urban school district.
6. APS continues to attract, develop and reward quality teaching.
7. Using in-depth academic and social services, Project GRAD is turning around schools once labeled lowest performing.
8. APS is changing the middle school experience through single-gender learning and other reform initiatives.
9. Early signs show that APS’ move to small high school environments is working.
10. APS’ extensive network of business, community and philanthropic support continues to propel the success of its students through partnerships.
For more information about Atlanta Public Schools and other school systems in the Metro Atlanta area, email our Relocation Department.